Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem
Seizing the Day by Living God's Word!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Need for God's Word

Bill Bright, founder of CRU (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ), authored well over one hundred Ten Steps to Spiritual Maturity. The fifth step involves the Bible. Among the topics he discusses concerning the Bible is the Christian's NEED for the Bible. What he has to say is really good stuff!  Here is his introduction:
books and booklets. Among these is the classic,

"Before I became a believer in Jesus Christ, God's Word didn't make any sense to me. I tried to read it occasionally during my high school and college days, but found it boring. Finally, I concluded that no really intelligent person could believe the Bible.

But when I became a Christian, my life was transformed, and my attitudes concerning the Scriptures changed. I realized that the Bible was truly the holy, inspired Word of God. For almost fifty years it has been more important to me than the thousands of books in my library combined.
Why is the Bible so important to the Christian? Let me share five basic reasons..."

 
To discover his five reasons as to why Christians NEED the Bible, check out his full article here. 

I hope you are keeping on with your Bible reading plan for 2014. Knowing and living the Scriptures is the path toward a deeper love for God, a hotter love for others, and a growing impact upon the world we live in! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . and CARPE DIEM! 
pj

No comments:

Post a Comment