Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem
Seizing the Day by Living God's Word!

Friday, January 24, 2014

Some Thoughts from My Life Journal

For my journey through the Bible for 2014, I chose to go the route of seeing the Scripture from 10,000 feet. It has been a couple of years since I tackeled reading the entire Bible through in a year, so I thought I would commit to do so this year. Thus far, 23 days into the year I am still on track. I am hoping to keep it up!

I thought today I would give you a glimpse into my journal from one of my days .... not that what I wrote is all that insightful. But I do want to give you some encouragement to be journaling at least a few days each week. The entry is from January 4th and the passage I focused my thoughts on was Luke 3:15-17). Here is what I wrote:

"Jesus as the Christ is amazing! Mighty and Holy! John the Baptist's reference to Jesus with a winnowing fork and burning the chaff is not a portrait of Jesus one hears about much in today's church. Yet, Revelation chapter 19 makes it clear that Jesus is coming one day as Judge! And Revelation chapter 20 makes it clear that not everyone will go to heaven. So . . . I must make a greater effort to point people to Jesus! For he is indeed the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by Him! And he IS coming back!  And when he returns it will be with a winnowing fork in hand!"

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Post a Comment