Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem
Seizing the Day by Living God's Word!

Friday, March 14, 2014

A Note from Someone Who is SEIZING HER DAY!

Recently I told our church family that I was hoping to hear some of their stories concerning their involvement in our Carpe Diem spiritual growth initiative. Here is one response I received:

"I have decided to read the shorter version of the Psalms and the New Testament, thinking that I may read the Old Testament next year.  I hate to read and never did comprehend well even in my school days.  So this is quite a challenge for me.  I have always wanted to read the Bible through and have never had a choice in something shorter.  I know I have gotten lax in my reading and this had helped me to get back into it.  I am amazed at the information that I have forgotten over the years, especially all the detail on the parables.  All those Sunday School stories have come back to mind.  I was telling a friend what I was doing and she asked for a copy of it.  So I copied the schedule I am using and now she is reading the same as I am.  She and I both felt overwhelmed to think we had to read the whole Bible in one year.  Some days it is a challenge to find time to read but God is helping me and I am current on the chapters.  I am loving spending time reading each day even though I hate to read.”

Just one story of some really cool things God is doing in the lives of those who are making the choice to "carpe diem" by seeking to know God's Word better and to live it more consistently! 

Thanks for stopping by .... and SEIZE THE DAY! 
pj

No comments:

Post a Comment