Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem
Seizing the Day by Living God's Word!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

More Thoughts from My Life Journal

Here we are on day #37 of 2014 and I am still tracking on my Bible reading plan (entire Bible). On Monday of this past week as I was
reading in the book of Exodus, I read a passage that always fascinates me. The passage deals with the people of Israel and their bringing of gifts for the construction of the Tabernacle. They were commanded to do so in chapter 35 where we read,


“This is the thing that the Lord has commanded. Take from among you a contribution to the LordWhoever is of a generous heart, let him bring the Lord's contribution: gold, silver, and bronze; blue and purple and scarlet yarns and fine twined linen; goats' hair, tanned rams' skins, and goatskins; acacia wood, oil for the light, spices for the anointing oil and for the fragrant incense, and onyx stones and stones for setting, for the ephod and for the breastpiece" (Exodus 35:4-9). 

By the time we get to chapter 36 (and this is what fascinates me!) ... the people are COMMANDED to STOP BRINGING THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS (Exodus 36:2-7)! Here is a portion of what I wrote in my jounral: 


"I always find this passage fascinating! That the people brought so much that they had to be stopped! Really? Wow! What would that look like today? I could see myself standing before our church family on a Sunday morning saying, 'People, our budget is met. In fact there is such a huge surplus that I need to ask you to PLEASE STOP YOUR GIVING!' Hmm . . . now that would be something to see!" 

Oh that my church (and others) would excel in the grace of giving (2 Corinthians 8:1-7; 9:6-8)!

Thanks for stopping by . . . and SEIZE THE DAY! 
pj

No comments:

Post a Comment