Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem
Seizing the Day by Living God's Word!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Beware of the Tyranny of the Urgent!

As you continue to tackle your Bible reading plan, the pressure of time will always be hounding you! Beware of this "tyranny of the urgent!"  If you are not careful, this will keep you from what is one of the most important things you can do in life --- reading and putting into practice God's Word (Matthew 7:24-27)! Because the urgent tasks in your life scream for your attention, what is truly important can often get pushed aside and neglected.

Now ... before you open your Bible to read each day, let me suggest you take an extra minute to pray. This is a good way to clear your mind of all the noise in your head and prepare your heart for what God wants you to hear from him!

To help guide your prayer for your time in the Scriptures, write out these three verses from Psalm 119 and place them in your Bible or the inside of your iPad or other tablet.

Turn my heart toward  your Word. (Psalm 119:36:  "Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.")

Open my eyes to your Word. (Psalm 119:18:  "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.")

Direct my steps according to your Word (Psalm 119:133:  "Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.")


Thanks for stopping by . . . and SEIZE THE DAY ... by knowing and living God's Word! 
pj

No comments:

Post a Comment